Early Years Curriculum Intent
Within Early Years at Malden Manor Primary and Nursery School, we ensure our curriculum is led by our children’s interests and needs. We want to challenge our children by creating an awe inspiring, open-ended learning environment allowing each and every child to achieve their full potential.
Our early years curriculum intent is as follows:
● For all of our children to leave early years as confident, eager and independent learners.
- For all children to have excellent interpersonal, communication and physical skills. To also be confident and secure in early literacy and mathematical skills readily equipping them for the next stage of their learning journey.
- For all children to understand that we are all special and different. To respect and learn about about the varying likes, interests, celebrations and cultures of their friends.
● For all children to have the knowledge and understanding of how to keep themselves fit and healthy. This is supported by having daily access to the outdoors and experiencing first hand how to grow plants, fruit and vegetables.
- For all children to leave early years with a broad vocabulary developed through a language rich environment.
- Children enter key stage 1 with strong early reading skills enabling them to use their phonic knowledge to read a variety of different texts and also support them in being able to independently read for pleasure
● For all children to be confident with basic number, shape, space and measure skills, enabling them to problem solve, explore and explain mathematical thinking.