At Malden Manor Primary and Nursery School, we endeavour to make our whole school curriculum broad, balanced and interesting. We aim to give our children a range of different learning experiences that inspire children to want to know more.
Our curriculum intent is as follows:
● For all children to become fluent readers enabling them to access the wider curriculum and enjoy reading for pleasure through a language rich environment.
● For all children to become fluent in number with an ability to manipulate number so they are able to problem solve and reason about number effectively.
● For all children to develop their knowledge and skills across the whole curriculum, to prepare them for their next steps and the wider world.
● For all children to be able to communicate articulately and confidently orally and in writing.
● For all children to have the knowledge and understanding of how to keep themselves healthy with good exercise and eating habits and positive mental health
● For all children to have an understanding and respect for the beliefs, cultures, needs and differences of others.
For all children to develop skills which enable them to understand and lead their own learning as appropriate
For all children to have access to creative experiences which will help them to appreciate and participate in the arts.
If after looking at the website you feel you need more information about the curriculum you can find out more by:
• Asking your child’s class teacher
• Checking the weekly parentmail with the overview of learning
• Visiting any of these websites