SEND Information Report Q4
4. How will both you and I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child’s learning?
- We run parent consultation evenings three times a year where we share attainment, progress and targets. A detailed written report for each child is provided in the summer term.
- Additional meetings to provide information and advice about supporting children can be requested at any time. These will be arranged with class teacher and/ or SENCo as appropriate.
- We deliver parent meetings and workshops on various curriculum areas and supporting children with a range of needs, throughout the year. We warmly encourage parents to attend these meetings which can be very helpful in co-ordinating support, strengthening links between home and school and helping to provide a comprehensive and integrated programme of support for children with SEN.
- Much additional information to help families support their children’s learning can also be found on the school’s website.
- If a child has an identified SEND their additional support and progress will be reviewed with parents/ carers each term, and parents of children with an EHCP will also be invited to an annual review together with all professionals involved in their child’s learning. Parents contribute to and receive copies of review notes