SEND Information Report Q1
1. How does Malden Manor know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child /young person (CYP) may have special educational needs?
- Your child’s progress and social and emotional wellbeing is continually monitored by his/her class teacher, overseen by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). They will consult with the Special Needs Coordinator (SENCo) about any concerns.
- We track the progress and attainment of all our pupils and use tracking data and assessments to identify any additional needs.
- The Inclusion Leader/ SENCo checks that your child is making good progress with any additional individual or group work that they take part in.
- If a child has already been identified as having a special educational need or disability (SEND) they will have a personal provision plan (PPP) and their progress is reviewed with parents/ carers termly.
- The progress of children with a statement of SEND or an Education Health And Care Plan (EHCP) is formally reviewed at an Annual Review with parents and all adults involved in the child’s education and well-being attending.
- We welcome parents/ carers to discuss any concerns they may have about the progress, attainment or well-being of their child. Initially they can speak with the class teacher or SENCo/ Inclusion Leader, Headteacher, and meetings requested will be arranged as soon as possible.