SEND Information Report Q1
1. How does Malden Manor know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child /young person (CYP) may have special educational needs?
- Your child’s progress and social and emotional wellbeing is continually monitored by his/her class teacher, overseen by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). They will consult with the Special Needs Coordinator (SENCo) about any concerns.
- We track the progress and attainment of all our pupils and use tracking data and assessments to identify any additional needs.
- The Inclusion Leader/ SENCo checks that your child is making good progress with any additional individual or group work that they take part in.
- If a child has already been identified as having a special educational need or disability (SEND) they will have a personal provision plan (PPP) and their progress is reviewed with parents/ carers termly.
- The progress of children with an Education Health And Care Plan (EHCP) is formally reviewed at an Annual Review with parents and all adults involved in the child’s education and well-being attending.
- We welcome parents/ carers to discuss any concerns they may have about the progress, attainment or well-being of their child. Initially they can speak with the class teacher or SENCo/ Inclusion Leader, Headteacher. Meetings requested will be arranged as soon as possible to discuss concerns together.