SEND Information Report 14
14. Who can I contact for further information both in school and locally?
- In the first instance, parents/carers are encouraged to talk to their child’s class teacher.
- SEN Co-ordinator(SENCo) Jenny-Lee Irons is also available to discuss any concerns and can be contacted through the School Office.
- Another staff member Nicola Harvey, our Emotional Well-Being Leader, is happy to talk to you about these aspects of your child's needs
- The Governor with responsibility for SEN is Rachael Lambert, who works closely with the school and the SENCos in developing policy and practice, reporting back to the governing body on SEN matters.
- The Headteacher is also available and can be contacted via the school office.
- We warmly welcome parents/ carers to visit the school to discuss their child’s needs and a visit can be arranged, again through the school office
The Local Authority Offer can be found at www.afclocaloffer.org.uk please click on the link to go to their website.
This website provides a wealth of information about local services and support available for families including children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs or disabilities
SEND Information and Support Service (SENDIASS) is friendly team of local advisors who offer impartial advice and support on all matters relating to Special Educational Needs and/ or Disability.
The type and range of support offered includes:
- support with Education, Health and Care plans, personal budgets person centred planning
- how to use the Local Offer
- support with understanding reports and letters, attending meetings and preparing for assessments and reviews
- information and signposting to support services in your area
- support with transition and preparing for adulthood
- support with and signposting to specialist mediation team
- advice and support on benefits
Follow the link to find out more: https://www.kids.org.uk/richmond-and-kingston-sendiass
KIDS is a national charity providing a wide range of services for disabled children, young people and their families across the country. KIDS vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families
Follow the link to find out more www.kids.org.uk email: email@example.com