- DiscretionaryTo be aware of legal requirements and procedures relating to personnel issues.
- To ensure that all staffing policies and procedures contribute to achieving the best outcomes for children.
- To ensure the staffing structure, retention and succession planning is sufficiently flexible to deliver the School Development plan objectives.
- To review the Shadow Staffing Structure termly.
- To monitor progress on any key issues in the School Development Plan, Governors Development Plan and Risk Register which fall within the Committee’s remit
- To monitor Continued Professional Development for all staff and its contribution to school improvement.
- To review annually the school’s Appraisal policies.
- To decide on procedures for staff appointments excluding Heads and Deputies.
- To ensure that safe recruitment procedures are in place for all staff and volunteers working in the school, including those involved in extended school activities.
- To be involved in the development of all of the school’s policies relating to personnel matters, including:
- Staff consultation
- Code of conduct
- Pay (through the Pay Panel*)
- Discretionary Leave of absence
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Recruitment, Selection and Staff Retention plus Succession Planning
- Continuing Professional Development and Appraisals.
- Discipline and Grievance
- Staffing reduction procedures
- Equalities Scheme/Policy, aspects related to Staff - liaise with CPP
- Group size of the school (to be reviewed at least once every three years)
To approve or recommend them for approval by the governing body, in line with the Policies scheme of delegation and to ensure that systems are in place to make all staff aware of these policies.
- To annually review the current the staffing structure and workforce development plan.
- To draft criteria for the approval of the governing body about the use of discretionary elements of pay provisions and make recommendations about implementing them.
- To be consulted on and to approve job descriptions for the staff.
- To be responsible for reviewing the Headteacher’s job description should the need arise.
- To liaise with the finance committee in implementing the current School Development Plan in staffing matters.
- To ensure that the Headteacher is able to maintain an appropriate Work-Life Balance
* To recommend from its membership, a Pay Panel to be appointed annually by FGB’
One Governor who is a member of staff (Staff Governor or Co-opted category)
At least four Governors of Malden Manor Primary School who are not members of staff (Three present to form a Quorum)
Meeting Schedule: Meetings to be held a minimum of once per term
Approved by FGB 11 October 2018